Your clutch shouldn’t be an afterthought, but rather a piece that further articulates your look. Australian actress Bella Heathcote demonstrated this idea perfectly at the 16th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala in Beverly Hills last week when she teamed a one-of-a-kind lilac Gucci cocktail dress with a satin box clutch, also by said fashion house, in the same hue. The clutch’s minimalist design doesn’t compete with the frock-which, with its sheer panel and layered paillettes, is a statement piece in itself-but instead serves as an elegant addition. On the flip side, if you opt for an understated party outfit this season, a glitzy bag, like Elie Saab’s Silver Suede and Crystal Evening Clutch ($975), will add a touch of glamour to your pared-down look.
1. Edie Parker Flavia Clutch ($1395, 212.753.7300) in Nude Pearlescent with Sand Confetti Geo…Don’t want to spend quite so much? Try Topshop’s Diamante Silver Box Clutch ($140) instead.
2. Zara Jeweled Box Clutch ($90)
3. Sondra Roberts Jewel Box Clutch ($200) in Black
4. Reiss Lucy Zip Top Panelled Clutch ($205)
6. Juicy Couture Wild Ones Jade Clutch ($198)
—Who What Wear